What is a Mummy MOT?
A comprehensive specialist womens health physiotherapy postnatal check up (no matter how long ago you gave birth).
The Mummy MOT includes a
- Full Postural Screen
- Pelvic Floor muscle examination
- Abdominal muscle test to check for any separation
- Screening for any bladder, bowel or sexual dysfunction
- Education and advice on safe baby-care activities such as lifting and pushing a buggy
- Bespoke rehabilitation programme with your goals and lifestyle factors in mind
- Written report the findings of your assessment
Who needs a MummyMOT?
Up to half of all women experience weakness in both the abdominal muscles and pelvic floor muscles after pregnancy and up to a third still have a gap in their tummy muscles at 8 weeks post birth. This can cause instability or poor core strength leading to women developing pelvic or back pain or bladder, bowel and sexual dysfunction. These conditions do not have to be something you should just put up with as a result of having a baby.
It’s recommended that women have an initial assessment after their 6-8 week GP check, but we also treat women who gave birth years ago that may still have a tummy gap or related pelvic floor issues.
A Full Mummy MOT last 1 hr, Investment £75 including home videos and functional rehabilitation program.
Bespoke 1-1 Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Packages also available following the Mummy MOT.